Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2009

Major Update

Well, despite some major Migrane attacks I was able to do some work on Friday and Tuesday.
So here is a rather large update:

I started working on the actual launch ramp.
Here you can see the "organists" station.

A typical ork contruction (and a great way to get rid of some of my leftover plasticard).

There are still some details to the organists-station, but you get the idea.

I started to modify a Ork biker to be the organist.

And I started on the Grot-bombs....well actually more planes than pure bombs. And instead of Grots I have real Orks manning.

Bomb 1 in launch position

some details...

And a fingerpost, so the Orks know which way to go *grin*

more details

But still missing all the rivets..

Bomb 2

Bomb 3

Bomb 4 (this will actually be launching)

And all four in launch position

I think it is progressing nicely, eventhough I'm coming close to my internal timeline. Since the competition ends on Aug 28th, I wanted to finish the actual building by Aug 1st and then start painting....I don't think this is still realistic, so I will have to cut the painting timeline....

Freitag, 24. Juli 2009

Little Boy

Hm, looks as if little boy isn't so little after all.
Almost biger thatn the average Ork boy and a standard human...a bit large for a Grot.

On the other hand, who says that little boy needs to be a Grot?

He's the mascot of the battery...

...and arrogant to boot :-)

Well, I added more details yesterday, improving the facial impression and adding a shawl.

I'm envision a white "pilots shawl" - like Snoopy from the Peanuts wears when he's flying.

A real diva's pose

So, this weekend I will work some more on the big boy and hopefully start with the organ itself.

Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2009

More sculpting and challenges

Since I wanted to smoothen out yesterdays sculpt (the big boys arm), I tried to delute some green putty, so I could brush it onto the sculpt.

I'm not sure, but I think using rubbing aclohol was probably the wrong deluting agent

as the result is rather grainy.

Eventhough the deluted putty nicely flowed into the grooves and gaps, similar to inking or diping, the rather grainy consistency prevented a really smooth finish.
I will have to find out how I can solve this little riddle, before I can continue.

In the meantime I worked some more on the little boy.
I added the base for his head.

Which gives a lead on the rather arrogant way he's gonna hold his head.

Additionally I added decoration to the sholder pads.
on one side it's explosion symbol (more or less for artillery)

And on the other side the powerfull/dangerous symbol.